The word extruder is evolved from the Latin word extruder meaning to thrust out or to drive out. Extrusion is the process in which any material usually pellets, plastic, dry powder, rubber, or even food is heated and pushed through a die. MGPL manufactures Co-rotating Twin Screw Extruders. The raw material is put in hopper that enters the barrel inside which it gets melted, mixed and forced out of the opening on the other side of the die. It is then water cooled in case of plastic output and cut to size.
The materials being extruded determine which extrusion technology is required. Co-rotating Twin Screw Extruders are used primarily for compounding basic plastics with different plasticizers, fillers, colorants and other ingredients. Extrusion lends itself to make tube, rod, profiles, film or sheet plastic products in a variety of widths and thicknesses.
Twin Screw Extrusion is one of the primary ways machine stock shape plastics are made. Twin Screw Extrusion has several advantages:
- The high output (compared to other processes) offers lower material costs.
- Depending on the volume, there can be a greater variety in width and length options to maximize yields.
- Relatively low tooling costs.
Twin Screw Extrusion is one of the most common ways to produce Compounds & Master Batches etc. When done by MGPL Twin Screw Extruder, using the highest quality materials, the extruded products can be of best quality.
MGPL manufactures three types of Co-rotating Twin Screw Extruders
- MGPL Co-rotating Twin Screw Extruders for plastic industry for compounding and batchMGPL Lab Extruders for Small Batch
- Production, Product Development, Material Research and Testing, Quality Control and for Education and Training purposes.
- MGPL Food Extruders for food processing industry.